Semaine de la Critique Submission
Submission Deadline: [node:field_publish:end_date:medium]
Submit your short, first or second film (fiction, documentary or animation) to Semaine de la Critique (International Critics' Week).
Eligibility Feature Films
- Must be the director’s first or second feature film.
- By "first feature film", we mean it must be a first cinematic film (fiction, documentary or animation) with a duration over 59' from a director who has never directed a full-length film before (over 59'), theatrically released, released on a platform or selected in an international Class A festival.
- By "second feature film", we mean it must be a cinematic film (fiction, documentary or animation) with a duration over 59' from a director who has previously only directed one full-length film (over 59'), theatrically released, released on a platform or selected in an international Class A festival.
Eligibility for all films: Short and Feature Films
- Must have been completed within the 12 months prior to the date of the Festival.
- For foreign short and feature films: must not have participated in any festival outside its country of origin (whether it is in competition or out of competition).
- Must not have been shown on the Internet or broadcasted on TV, or commercially released outside its country of origin.
The films are selected by two committees: a short film committee supervised by a Short Film Coordinator, and a feature film committee. The two selection committees act under the responsibility of the Delegate General. The General Delegate and the members of the committees are all journalists and critics who are members of the French Union of the Critics of Cinema which appoints them.
La Semaine de la Critique’s Jury will give awards to both feature and short films amongst the competition.
First feature films are also competing for the Caméra d’Or prize, awarded during the Official Award Ceremony of Cannes Film Festival.
- The Grand Prix for feature films
- French Touch Jury Prize for feature films
- Leitz Cine Discovery Prize for short films
The first feature films in the selection also compete in the Caméra d'Or.
- Louis Roederer Foundation Prize for Revelation awarded to a film actress in competition
- Gan Foundation Award for Diffusion for short films
- SACD Prize for short films
- Canal+ Award for Short Films
Screenings are held at Espace Miramar
Semaine de la Critique (International Critics' Week) search for new talents every year during the Cannes Film Festival when Critics' Week unveils its very selective programming of 10 short and 10 feature films.